A delectable combination of dates, cocoa, saffron, and nuts is too amazing to resist! Exotic, so easy to make, and your new go-to dessert.
1/2 cup pistachios
1 cup dates
1/2 cup almonds
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 big pinch of saffron (ground in a mortar and pestle or with the end of a rolling pin)
- Grind pistachios in a food processor until coarse. Put the ground pistachios into a bowl; you will use this to coat the date rolls.
- Place the almonds in the processor and grind until coarse.
- Add the dates, cocoa powder and ground saffron and process until a ball forms. If a ball is not forming, add more dates 2 at a time until it comes together.
- Roll 1 inch balls out of the date mixture
- Roll the date balls in the ground pistachios until they are fully coated.
- Serve alongside Tahmina tea and enjoy!
- Store in a container in the fridge or at room temperature.