1. Saffron helps lower high blood pressure. High blood pressure got you down? Try a cup of our saffron tea! Saffron is rich in antioxidants which have been shown to lower blood pressure, therefore helping to keep your blood happy and healthy as it flows through your body.
2. Saffron lowers cholesterol. This awesome spice has been shown to lower cholesterol. Some studies have shown that saffron has lowered cholesterol by 50%! How does it work? Saffron contains a chemical called crocetin which is great for reducing the levels of cholesterol in the blood.
3. Saffron reduces the risk of heart disease. Crocetin, the previously mentioned chemical found in saffron, has also been found to increase oxygen levels in the body which in turn, helps prevent heart diseases. In fact, in countries where saffron is used a lot in cooking, for example Spain, the occurrence of heart disease is very low. Looks like we all need to be eating more paella!
4. Saffron is an anti-inflammatory agent. The antioxidants found in saffron help with inflammation. Anti- inflammatory properties of saffron are a great benefit for cardiovascular health. They help to keep that circulation flowing in a healthy way.
5. Saffron helps maintain healthy arteries and veins. Due to the antioxidants found in saffron, it is shown to be a great help in maintaining healthy arteries and veins within your blood system. Having healthy arteries and veins means having a healthy circulatory system in your body. Who doesn’t want a healthy circulation of blood to keep you healthy and feeling good?
From saffron's cholesterol lowering benefits to its anti-inflammatory properties, saffron is a spice that is truly good for your heart. Next time you’re having a self-care time, consider adding a cup of saffron tea or cooking with saffron spice to your plan. Your heart will thank you!
Buy Tahmina Tea
Buy Tahmina Saffron