We've partnered with Engela from Mantu Mama to bring you this easy and delightful Saffron Pistachio Ice Cream recipe!
Recipe notes from Engela:
This Saffron Pistachio Icecream recipe is so easy to make from scratch and requires no special tools or ice cream machine. This ice cream is so flavorful and fragrant perfect for making bastani sonnati or just enjoying it by itself on a hot summer day!
- ½ cup unsalted, fresh pistachios
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 600 ml heavy cream
- 1-2 tsp of orange blossom water
- ¼ cup bloomed saffron water
1. In a metal or glass bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream and whisk together until it slightly thickens (do not over whisk).
2. Add the orange blossom water and bloomed saffron water. Whisk until it reaches a thicker consistency (should be a thicker creamier consistency but not whipped). Add pistachios and fold them into the mixture.
3. Place this mixture in the freezer covered with plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour. After an hour, whip the mixture again and freeze for another hour. Repeat this step once more.
4. Place in a decorative dish and top with more pistachios. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.